Good afternoon, All,
It is time to start the election process for the 2015 Board Members of our organization, Triangle Tango.
Please submit your nominations using the following link:
Triangle Tango is a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote Argentine Tango in the Raleigh,Durham, and Chapel Hill areas. Board members are a group of volunteers, elected by the community, and are expected to hold the position they are elected for a period of one year beginning from the day election results are announced.
Anyone can submit a nomination between today and Saturday, December 13th, 2014. You can nominate yourself or someone else. If you are nominating someone else, please make sure the person you are nominating is willing to serve for the position nominated.
For more information about the responsibilities of each position, you are encouraged to ask a current board member or refer to the description of positions in the by-laws posted at the Triangle Tango Website:
The Main responsibilities of the board include organizing, coordinating, and promoting milongas, workshops and other tango related activities in the area.
Please see below for a brief description of each position.
– The President supervises, directs and administers all functions and activities, and shall represent Triangle Tango to the public.
– The Secretary keeps a record of all proceedings of the organization and shall act as Secretary to the Board.
– The Treasurer shall keep and maintain, or cause to be kept and maintained, adequate and correct financial records of Triangle Tango’s properties and transactions.
– The Events Committee Chair arranges the activities, materials, facilities and personnel required to conduct events as directed and approved by the board.
– The Marketing Committee Chair arranges activities, materials, facilities and personnel appropriate to identify and pursue marketing opportunities for Triangle Tango and its events.
– The Web Committee Chair maintains and updates Triangle Tango’s website and Facebook Pages as well as addressing any information technology needs.
We appreciate your time. Thank you.